I never understood the allure of getting up at the ass crack of dawn to go stand outside at Wal-mart at 2:00 AM just to wait for the doors to open at 5:00 so I could get some fabulous deal on a shitty TV. Do I really need a crappy TV that badly? No, I do not. And why would I go to Target at 7:00 in the morning? There’s just no need.
Shopping on Black Friday is akin to getting a rectal exam: something that should be avoided at all costs.
There’s no reason to pack yourself into a store with a bunch of cranky ass people who want to fist fight you over a generic mp3 player. No thank you, I will pass. I would rather hang out in my pajamas and shop online. Granted, I won’t have any good stories about some 70+ year old woman yelling at a young mother about how she had the Cabbage Patch doll first, but somehow I’ll survive.
In fact, unless they start offering hot bachelors at stores, you can guarantee that my ass will be nowhere near the mall.
For those of you braving the stores (in other words, stupid enough to go out today), God speed. And you’re in luck, some shops have lovely deals:
- BestBuy you’ll be able get a black or white Wii for $169
- GameStop is offering a free game (Fossil Fighters or the Legendary Starfy) with purchase of a new, special release Orange or Green DSi bundle
- Kmart if you purchase a black or white Wii console on Friday or Saturday, you’ll receive a $25 Gaming Coupon. Also, from 5am-11am on Friday only, they’re offering a $25 Gaming Coupon with purchase of an orange or green DSi bundle.
- Target you’ll be able to get a new Fling Smash bundle for $39, Wii Fit Plus bundle for $67, and if you purchase Super Mario Bros Wii, you’ll receive a $10 gift card. If you purchase an orange or green DSi bundle
- Sears, you’ll receive a $20 Award Card. You can also get Metroid: Other M or Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $39.99
- Walmart there is a $50 gift card with purchase of a Black, White or Red Wii console, and they’ll be offering the Nintendo DS Lite for just $89
Now get out there and get me a new Wii.